Good morning and happy Sunday! Today I want to talk about what so many of us knitters (and mamas!) need in our life - organization. And maybe even more importantly - something pretty that helps us achieve that!
When I was introduced to Lily Jade bags, I was so happy to find a diaper bag that didn't scream, well, DIAPER BAG! I also refuse to buy items for myself that I feel I would only be able to use temporarily - during my pregnancy, or while my babies were very young. Outside of a few pairs of maternity pants, I opted for shirts and dresses that I knew I could keep on wearing long after I no longer looked like I had eaten a watermelon whole. So, why then, would I buy a frumpy, plastic-y (yes, that's a word) diaper bag to use (begrudgingly) for a couple of years?
Enter the Caroline bag - a leather handbag, with a pop of red for the interior that need not be relegated to any one category. It has everything a mama, knitter, or crafter needs! Plus, being a total sucker for details - I also just really love that tassel with the jade beads!
Perks for the mama:
- Pockets for all of baby's (and your!) necessities - from diapers, wipes, snacks and lanolin, to lipstick and a change clothes.
- Changing pad, that rolls up neatly, and doesn't take up too much room.
- And something I really love - a removable baby bag organizer (which is washable, along with the changing pad). Why do I love this? Because sometimes I won't need all of my baby supplies (or gasp - knitting supplies) and I just want a nice handbag to take out on a date with the hubs! (Someday we'll get to do that again, right?!?!)
Perks for the Knitter:
- POCKETS!! Seriously, I counted 19! Knitters NEED pockets. We have knitting needles, stitch counters, stitch markers, tapestry needles, tape measures, YARN, notebooks, pens, patterns - so many things to keep tidy when we head out to knit night!
- Magnetic closures - I love this. No snagging your beauitful WIP on a zipper!
- Space for everything, while toting around your latest project (instead of looking like a bag lady - my usual go-to ;)
Are you ready for a chance to win your own Lily Jade Caroline bag??? Leave me a comment below with your favorite ways to stay organized (as a mama or knitter - I need all the tips I can get!). Don't forget to include your email address in the body of the comment! Giveaway is open until Friday, July 22!!